Come visit my website...

Top 5 reasons you should go visit my website.

1. You can check my crazy schedule so you can see me perform.
2. You can watch my music videos.
3. You can order some music.
4. You can learn more about my terrific sponsors.
5. You can procrastinate whatever you're supposed to be doing just a little longer.

Just click on this link...www.mary-kaye.com


.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Building with Bricks...the kind that are thrown

A dear friend sent me a quote by email earlier this week that touched me so deeply that I immediately penned a brilliant blog about it which I just as quickly accidentally erased.  I hate that!  After I finished yelling at the computer, I figured it must have been divine intervention and started making dinner, but tonight I am finding that after a relaxing Sunday I am in the mind to give it another go.

The quote said, "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." David Brinkley

I have had a few bricks hurled at me in my time.  Here are a few things I have learned about these high-velocity tokens of ire...

1.  Bricks most often hit you in the back from a person who is too yellow-bellied to throw it to your face.  

2.  The best thing to do after crying for a bit, is to pick up the brick and learn something from it.  

3.  Thank God for what you learned and then set the brick down.  It now becomes part of your own personal yellow brick road.  Ruby shoes, anyone?

4.  We are all black and blue from the throwing of bricks.  If you are ever tempted to throw bricks, take them to Jesus instead.  He knows how to help build beautiful things with bricks.  He can and will forgive us for the bricks we have thrown that have hurt others.

5.  Pray for the folks throwing bricks.  They don't know the most devastating damage is done to the one doing the throwing.

There,  I wrote the blog and have not as yet accidentally erased it.  I appreciate and love all of you and do back-flips when you leave comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment