Come visit my website...

Top 5 reasons you should go visit my website.

1. You can check my crazy schedule so you can see me perform.
2. You can watch my music videos.
3. You can order some music.
4. You can learn more about my terrific sponsors.
5. You can procrastinate whatever you're supposed to be doing just a little longer.

Just click on this link...www.mary-kaye.com


.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shhhh....Moms writing a new song!

I am sure that being a mom of such a big brood has somehow enabled the superpower of being able to multi-task song-writing with running a household. Melody comes easily...pretty chord patterns turn the melody on like water from a faucet. It's the lyrics that are the botheration. I shudder at simple lyrics. I somehow want to impress the listener with clever words. So...with my head full of heavy-handed phrases, I realize it's time to make dinner. The kids all seem to recognize the absent look in my eyes. They stay away when I am writing a new song. I don't ask for any help while I chop carrots and sautee onions...I relish the quiet. Calling everyone for dinner is quite a job. We have kids scattered in the barnyard, in their rooms and at soccer games, but once we all sit down around the table everything seems to comes together. Just like a song. I realize my family has the effortless beauty of a melody, but that the extra effort of a well-planned meal, just like the extra effort of well-placed lyrics, is what makes the song become a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment